My name is Adrienne Jones and I live a wildly unpredictable, often difficult life with my family in Albuquerque, NM. I’ve lived here since 1976 and I can’t imagine living anywhere except the high desert southwest.
I studied sociology and creative writing at The University of New Mexico, an education that has served me well in every area of life except professionally. I am a stay-at-home mom due to our youngest son Carter’s special needs, a situation we don’t anticipate will change any time in the near future. Fortunately, with Carter in school, this means I have time to write, which feels almost as necessary as breathing .
Want to know more? Here are a few tidbits.
- I have a serious Diet Coke problem. I give it up once or twice a year only to find myself back on the sauce within a few weeks or months.
- I don’t drink alcohol. With a Diet Coke problem as serious as mine, it doesn’t seem worth the risk.
- I’ve lived in New Mexico since I was five years old, but I don’t eat spicy food. I don’t get why anyone would willingly eat food that hurts.
- Also? Salt. I only like a tiny bit. More than that is gross.
- I have just one teeny tiny filling in my mouth.
- I only had one wisdom tooth, and that didn’t give me any trouble till I was in my late twenties. I am all kinds of blessed by the God of dentition.
- A blood donor saved my life. I say thank you by donating blood often, and always on the anniversary of my transfusion.
- I don’t craft.
- I don’t garden.
- I don’t scrapbook.
- I don’t bake.
- I only cook because the people who live here are always clamoring for food.
- No, you’re not the first person to call me domestically challenged. My mom was the first. You are WAAAY down on that list.
- I gave birth to one of my children in the backyard.
- Babies are my favorite people.
- Coffee. Coffee coffee COFFEE.
- I love to speak in public. I only get nervous if I’m being recorded.
- I’m the funniest person I know. I always think my jokes are hilarious.
- My husband is the second funniest person I know.
- I have five tattoos.
- I’m easily overwhelmed.
- I own every episode of Little House on the Prairie. I watch them when I don’t feel good.
- Yeah, whatever. I still love it.